You might think it pretentious I named my service the Law Enforcement Guru, but I'll admit I don't have all the answers. If I don't have an immediate answer, I will research or contact my extensive network for assistance. If you are here, you likely fit into one of the following categories.
- You're interested in a law enforcement career but don't know who to trust to provide reliable advice and actionable guidance.
- You applied to an agency but received a rejection letter without an explanation.
- You applied to an agency but have been asked some background questions you are uncomfortable answering and fear disqualification.
- You have questions about your previous drug use.
- You struggle to pass the in-person interview due to nervousness and lack of confidence.
- You are not sure how to select an agency.
- All of the above.
I feel your pain and the pain of the hundreds of applicants, candidates, and officers I have interviewed. Not knowing what is expected of you, what the process is designed to measure, or how to answer questions can be frustrating and ultimately devastating to your chances of getting hired.
I will lift the veil of secrecy around the process and will give you and break down the selection process and provide strategies to overcome any obstacles you face. At times, I will be blunt because there are some definite "Do's and Don't" when it comes to some topics. There will also be "gray areas," where although I can provide guidance and anticipate several different scenarios and potential outcomes, you will ultimately have to make the decision.
Remember, there is such a variety of selection processes used your preparation will need to be directed towards passing your target agency's requirements. About 75% of the information I provide will apply to all agencies, but 25% will be geared towards the specific agency. So, you need to know as much information about the agency you are applying for as humanly possible.
To help you prepare, I will be offering resources to help you on your journey.
Click on the following links to join our community:
Subscribe to the LE Guru Podcast.
Subscribe to our Email List.
Join the LE Guru Private Facebook Page to ask questions and get answers.
Visit us on Instagram for daily content and motivation.
Connect with us on Twitter.